Justice B N Srikrishna Committee drafted “Personal Data Protection Bill -2018” is under the review of Ministry of Information Technology, Government of India. Once the Bill become an Act of Parliament, it is going to affect every entity, which is collecting personal data of India citizens.
In its current form, the Act is going to touch each and every commercial and non-commercial entities possession Indian Citizens’ personal data irrespective of format or purpose. The upcoming Act already gaining attention of organizations’ senior managements and Boards to prepare their respective organizations to meet the provisions of Act.
In a bid to increase the awareness about the forthcoming legislation and to understand its impact on the industry and the professionals in the industry, FDPPI Mumbai Chapter is organizing a webinar on “Emerging opportunities for Data Privacy Professionals in India” on 11th May, 2019 at 8.00 PM (IST)
Topic: Emerging opportunities for Data Privacy Professionals in India
Speaker: Na.Vijayashankar (Naavi), Data Protection Consultant
- Welcome and Brief about the FDPPI (Foundation for the Data Protection Professionals in India) by Mr Adepu Bondiah
- Presentation by Naavi covering
- Emerging opportunities for Data Protection Professionals in India
- How Does PDPA 2018 differ from GDPR
- Challenges in Compliance for Data Fiduciaries and Data Processors
- Challenges in conducting Data Audit and Computing Data Trust Score
- Q &A
- Vote of Thanks: Mr Rakesh Goyal
Participation is by invitation.
For invitation, Contact Mr Adepu Bondiah, or Rakesh Goyal or Mr Anil Chiplunkar or Mr Ritesh Bhatia, the Governing Council members of FDPPI, Mumbai.
Request for Invitation may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org