Cyber Law College, which has been conducting Cyber Law related courses since 2000 as well as courses on HIPAA and GDPR, has now started a Web Class based course on Personal Data Protection Act.
This course for “Certificate in PDPA” will consist of 12 live sessions to be conducted by Na.Vijayashankar (Director Cyber Law College) and Chairman FDPPI and cover the following topics.
- Evolution of Privacy Law in India. (ITA 2000-ITA 2008-Puttaswamy Judgement.Etc.) and
- Understanding the Concept of Privacy and its relation with Data Protection
- Applicability, Exemptions, Transitional Provisions
- Data Principal’s Rights and Data Protection Obligations
- Grounds of Processing
- Transfer of Personal data outside India
- DPA and DPO
- Compliance Obligations
- Penalties and Offences and Grievance Redressal mechanism
- Data Protection Challenges under New Technologies
- Data Governance Framework
- Interactive discussion and Review
Each session would be approximately for 90 minutes. It is envisaged that the course will commence in the second half of November 2019 and there would be two classes each week for 6 weeks. Exact schedule of the classes will be announced later.
As an introductory offer, the fees for the course is set at Rs 6000/- only.
Existing members of FDPPI can sponsor/refer any participant and such participants would be provided a cashback of Rs 1000/-.
At the end of the course there would be an online test following which the certificates would be issued by FDPPI.
Watch the video on the introduction to the program here: