FDPPI has developed a long term plan to provide Certification in Privacy and Data Protection related skills to professionals.
The principal objective of these certification programs is to create incremental skills in the professionals with each Certification. For this reason, every certification comes with a mandatory training program.
It is also considered that there is a need to keep the cost of Certifications reasonable. However, it is also the endeavour of FDPPI to ensure that all the members of the organization are also certified for the skills that the organization is trying to create. Hence Certifications are restricted to members only or in other words the first certification of a person includes membership. But from time to time members are provided benefits so that their over all cost of certification remains contained.
Multiple Module Expert Certification
FDPPI is building up to a Certification program to create “Certified Data Protection Compliance Management Consultant”
Three different modules have been identified for this purpose as follows:
- Module I: Covering Indian Data Protection Law
- Module G: Covering global data protection laws of key jurisdictions (GDPR, CCPA, Singapore CCPA, HIPAA, Dubai DPL2020)
- Module A: Covering the Data Audit skills required by a Data Auditor either acting independently or as a DPO. (Includes coverage on ISO 27001/27701)
- Lead Auditor DGPMS: Covering BIS framework for Data Governance and Management (Draft) and DGPMS ( Meant for current ISO auditors)
FDPPI launched the Module-I program in December 2019, Module G by July 2020 and Module A in January 2021.
Each Module is like an independent course and separate certificates are issued to the successful candidates who undergo the training followed by an online examination. eg: “Certified Data Protection Professional(CDPP)-Module-I”, or “Certified Data Protection Professional(CDPP)-Module-G” and Certified Data Protection Professional(CDPP)-Module A”.
Those who have completed all the three modules will be have been provided with a Certificate as “Certified Data Protection Officer/Data Auditor . (C.DPO.DA)
Exams will be online.
All certificates will be archived and made available on verified request from companies for background verification purpose.
The trainings are being presently conducted as virtual courses by our training partner, Cyber Law College which has a history of over 20 years in conducting Cyber Law, HIPAA and GDPR courses both offline and online.
Consequent to the passage of DPDPA 2023 we have revised the Certification programs as under.
- Certified Data Protection Professional : Module I will continue with a new curriculum which includes several aspects o ITA 2000. Independently this will be priced at Rs 15000/- (Inclusive of GST)
- Certified Data Protection Professional” Module G on Global laws will continue without any change Independently this will be priced at Rs 18000/- (Inclusive of GST)
- Certified Data Protection Professional :Module A on Audit is being revamped to cover PDPCSI in depth tuned to DPDPA 2023 along with essential aspects of ISO 27701 Independently this will be priced at Rs 24000/- (Inclusive of GST)
- However for those who take all the three modules in one shot, the current price of Rs 45000/- (Inclusive of GST) and inclusive of FDPPI membership worth Rs 6000/- and registration in Indian National Register of Data Protection Professionals worth Rs 3000. This is set to be revised to Rs 45,000 plus GST after October on a date to be specified.
- Those who take Module I and Module G together will have a combined fee of Rs 30000/- and
- Those who take Module I and Module A together will have a combined fee of Rs 33000/-
- Those who take Module G and Module A together will have a combined fee of Rs 36000/-
- The DGPMS lead auditor program is separately structured for those who are already into auditing of ISO 27001/27701. They are however advised to complete Module I. The 6 hour DGPMS lead auditor program will not cover Module I or ISO 27001/27001 which are included in Module I and Module A . Fee for Lead auditor’s program is Rs 12000/-.
In order to enable quick certification, the schedule of programs is as follows.
- Module I in September 2023 as a faculty lead program
- Module G as Recorded video based program with mentor assistance as may be required
- Module A in October 2023 as a faculty lead program
- Lead Auditor’s Program: November 2023
The above programs are conducted by our training partner and presently Naavi’s Cyber Law College is the training partner for these programs. Others may join in due course. Registrations are accepted on FDPPI.in website as well as Cyberlawcollege.in
Programs now available